Sweet potato burger with pineapple chutney
0.3% Tropical Ale, serves 2Sweet, spicy, umami and tropical: this meatless burger has it all. Paired with our 0.3% Tropical Ale it's the ultimate feeling of relaxation; this beer is a perfect companion for easy and bold gourmet fast food.
- 300 gr sweet potatoes, peeled & grated
- 200 gr black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 50 gr oats
- 1 egg
- juice & zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 tbsp smoked pimenton
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 250 gr pineapple, chopped in small pieces
- 1/2 red chilli pepper, chopped finely
- 1 little gem, leaves washed
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
- 4 burger buns
- olive oil
- 2 tbsp mayonaise
This is how you make it:
- Mash the beans and grind the oats.
- Combine beans, grated sweet potato, oats, garlic, egg, juice of half a lime, the smoked paprika or pimenton powder, cayenne pepper, cumin seeds in a bowl and knead together into a firm ‘dough’. Season to taste.
- Make four balls of the mixture and flatten these into burgers.
- Cover the burgers and leave them in the fridge for half an hour to set.
- Add the pineapple chunks, red chili pepper, zest and juice of half a lime together in a small skillet and let it simmer on low heat. Stir well occasionally and add some water if the chutney becomes too dry.
- Make the lime mayonnaise by whisking the olive oil, mayonnaise, 1/2 tbsp of lime juice and a pinch of cayenne powder.
- Grill the burgers on a hot grill or BBQ and flip them around regularly until they are done; this takes about six minutes.
- Slice the buns in half, drizzle with a bit of olive oil on the insides and grill until lightly coloured.
- Time to build your burger! Spread some lime mayonnaise on the buns, cover with little gem and top off with the burger. Add a good dollop of pineapple chutney and sprinkle with spring onions and fresh coriander leaves.
Tropical flavours on a plate and jumping out of the bottle: enjoyed best with Lowlander 0.3% Tropical Ale.