Samphire salad with jasmine rice, green asparagus and lemongrass prawn skewers
Main, serves 2Light, fresh and salty flavours, accentuated by Lowlander White Ale.
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp palm sugar
- 3 tbsp neutral oil (e.g. sunflower oil)
- 8 tiger prawns
- 2 stalks lemongrass, rinsed and dried
- A dash of Lowlander White Ale
- 150 gr jasmine rice, uncooked
- 80 gr samphire, blanched and cold rinsed
- 50 gr of green asparagus, blanched and cold rinsed
- 50 g of soybeans, blanched and cold rinsed
- 2 spring onions, in rings
- 4 radishes, in thin slices
- 4 sprigs of dill, leaves only (plus some extra to garnish)
- 4 lime wedges
This is how you make it:
- Cook the rice as indicated on the packaging and keep warm.
- For the dressing, whisk lime juice and zest, rice vinegar, mustard, ginger, sugar and oil in a bowl.
- Thread 4 prawns onto each lemongrass stalk and bake in hot oil for 3 minutes.
- Deglaze with a dash of Lowlander White Ale and 1 tablespoon of the dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Gently mix the rice with the samphire, asparagus, soybeans, spring onions, radish, dill and some dressing and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the salad and skewers over two plates and spoon the dressing over the prawns.
- Garnish with some dill and the lime wedges.
Best enjoyed with a Lowlander White Ale