Golden crisp on the outside yet moist on the inside, that’s the ultimate French toast. Whether eaten for breakfast, brunch or dessert, our Winter Ale infused recipe is a warming twist on this classic sweet treat.
Echte Lowlander? Dit recept is er ook in het Nederlands!
Winter Ale Infused French Toast
Dessert | serves 4p
1 loaf brioche bread, sliced into 2cm thick slices
2 eggs + 2 egg yolks
150ml Lowlander Winter Ale
¼ tsp. grated nutmeg
1 vanilla bean
Pinch of salt
3 fresh figs cut into quarters
Powdered sugar, mixed with a pinch of speculaas spices
Small knob of butter
This is how you make it
- Split the vanilla pod and scrape out the seeds. Whisk together with the eggs, egg yolks, cream, Lowlander Winter Ale, sugar, nutmeg and salt.
- Preheat a pan and melt the butter with the olive oil. Have your egg mixture and slices of bread ready while the pan gets really hot.
- Dip a slice of bread in the egg mixture, covering all sides.
- Fry the bread in the hot pan, flip to cook both sides. Repeat with all slices of bread.
- Stack 2 or 3 baked toasts on a plate, top with 3 fig quarters and finish with a drizzle of maple syrup and the powdered sugar.
- Serve with Mulled Lowlander Winter Ale.