About Lowlander & this role
Lowlander was founded early 2016 by our Chief Botanical Officer Frederik. Having worked for years for breweries and gin & genever distilleries he fell in love with botanicals. As a beer lover he grew curious about what kind of character these special flavours could give to beer. From his first experiments in an Amsterdam kitchen, our driven team is now bringing botanically brewed beers to the best bars and bottle shops in over 2500 accounts across Europe and beyond.
We have doubled our business for 4 consecutive years and are now ready for someone to come in and help us make things easier (to sell), faster, improve margins, increase productivity, the whole shebang. You are being tasked to ‘raise the ceiling and the floor’ and this brand new role allows great breadth of exposure to different parts of the business and basically gets you ready to move to a GM role or start your own company.
A week in the life of
- Owning and driving penetration through trade marketing initiatives like feature & display planning in retail, picture of success with full implementation of POS & visibility in the on trade, joint business planning & tailor-mades, toolkits for activations delivered on time and in full.
- Analysing and continuously improving the customer acquisition journey, from how to structure lead generation, order processing to optimising sales funnel approach, customer go live, digital, bartender training and education.
- Hacking us into incremental growth beyond using traditional ways of customer acquisition to digital tools, CRM, planning and performance management and strategic partnerships.
- Developing the commercialisation plan for new brands and line extensions prior to launch that will deliver against growth objectives
- Optimising and tracking commercial forecast & performance, stock values and volumes and overall production plan (with the help of our operations team)
- General fixer on strategic projects to drive the business forward in the short and long term
- Developing, coaching and training the broader team on new ways of working, tools, insights driving the commercialisation capability within the organisation
You are good at (tick the boxes below)
- Analysing (commercial, financial, shopper, Excel) data and turning this into easy to use insights and easy to execute plans (lean)
- Project managing complex projects with multi disciplinary contacts with proven business impact
- Thinking and acting like a general manager – so you can see the impact things have and can run a P&L!
- Leading & developing people, taking the lead, being proactive.
- Drinking beer, pairing beer with food or making beertails – or all of the above!
- Prior experience (>3 yrs) in related cross functional areas like sales, (trade)marketing, operations, finance, and you can talk full of pride about your track record in previous roles.
- Worked in and passion for the drinks industry before so you understand how consumers behave, what makes customers tick and what wholesalers want so you can hit the ground running.
- A burning desire to achieve some extraordinary, have an impact (and not sit in an ivory tower polishing powerpoints) and no issues with working hard & and a sheer passion for what you do.
- Dutch & English proficiency.
What we offer
- The chance to be part of an adventure, building a company & brand from the ground up.
- A truly entrepreneurial environment, with real (personal) development opportunities.
- Work with some smart and agile people, in a small, international and diverse team – read about our Lowlander behaviours here.
- Unlimited Botanically Brewed Lowlander Beers!
- Competitive salary, bonus and potential for equity participation.
If you want to be part of our journey and help to decide on which route is best to take, then send an email to Frederik (email@example.com) with your CV and a brief summary of why you feel we should invite you to drink a Lowlander together and talk more.