Vanilla carrot cake with walnut ice cream
Dessert, serves 4The sweet flavours are a perfect match with the Lowlander Poorter 6%
- 4 eggs
- 200 ml of sunflower oil
- 400 gr sugar
- 400 gr flour (sifted)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 300 gr grated carrot
- 100 gr chopped walnuts
- 100 gr soft butter
- 225 gr mascarpone
- 450 gr icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
This is how you make it:
- Pre heat the oven to 170 degrees. Butter a cake tin which is about 25cm big.
- Mix the sugar, eggs, vanilla and oil to a creamy pale yellow substance.
- Mix the flour, soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add this to the egg mixture. Stirr well, but don’t mix too much.
- Add the carrot and walnuts last and stirr the mixture till the substance is even.
- Put the mixture in the cake tin and let it in the oven for about an hour. After an hour, test with a wooden skewer whether the middle part is dry.
- For the icing, put all the ingredients together in a mixer and let it run for about 5 minutes on a high setting. Make sure that the ingredients are not too cold, otherwise the butter won’t mix evenly.
- When the cake has cooled completely and has preferably been in the refrigerator for a while, the icing can be added.
- Then leave it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. And dive in!