Spruce needle buttered crostini & saltimbocca
I.P.A. or Spruce it up!, serves 2Crispy, salty and slightly piney. Our spruce needle buttered crostini & saltimbocca matches perfectly with the subtle spiciness of the Indonesian Pale Ale. We'd recommend serving it as a phenomenal starter, or simply as a flavourful snack during the day.
- ½ ciabatta, in 1 cm slices
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 200 gr chicken tenderloins
- Salt and pepper
- 6 sage leaves
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 25 gr butter
- 50 ml Lowlander I.P.A.
- 1 tbsp. spruce needle butter
This is how you make it
- Sprinkle the slices of ciabatta with 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Heat a grill pan and grill the ciabatta on both sides until golden brown.
- Season the chicken tenderloins with salt and pepper and cover each tenderloin with a leaf of sage, then wrap them up in prosciutto.
- Heat the butter and the remaining olive oil in a frying pan and pan-roast the tenderloins until golden brown. Add a shot of Lowlander I.P.A. to reduce.
- Divide the spruce needle butter over the ciabatta slices and place a piece of saltimbocca on top of each slice.
Best enjoyed with Lowlander I.P.A.