SPICED PUMPKIN & AUTUMN I.P.A. CROQUETTES WITH ORANGE MARMALADE DIP
Autumn I.P.A., serves 2Do croquettes next to your beer sound good? Then beer stuffed croquettes next to your beer must sound double good! Our Autumn I.P.A. is perfectly paired with these pumpkin mushroom croquettes.
- 1 kabocha pumpkin (or another sweet pumpkin variety, total 750-1000 gr)
- 200 grams of king boletus mushroom, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste
- 150 ml Lowlander Autumn I.P.A.
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 10 sprigs of fresh chive, finely chopped
- 5 to 8 tbsp flour
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Oil to fry
- Orange marmelade
This is how you make it
- Half the pumpkin (leave the skin on), remove seeds and strings and cut into smaller pieces.
- Boil pumpkin pieces for 15 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Heat some oil and fry onions on low heat with salt and fresh pepper. They should not colour too much.
- Add mushrooms, fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add Autumn I.P.A. beer and boil down until most of the liquid is gone (and the good flavour is left :-)).
- In the meantime mash the cooked pumpkin. Add to the pan together with nutmeg, mix and cook for 5 minutes while you keep stirring.
- Take the pan off the heat, stir in chives and set aside to cool.
- Once cooled add flour to the pumpkin mixture; do this spoon by spoon until you have a thick mixture. Refrigerate well.
- Shape the cold pumpkin mushroom mixture into small croquettes (or balls) and carefully roll in breadcrumbs until completely covered.
- Preheat frying oil to 180 degrees celsius. Fry croquettes 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with orange marmalade to dip.