Pumpkin laksa with roasted chickpeas and pomegranate.
Main, serves 2The spices in the laksa match perfectly with our Lowlander 0.3% I.P.A.
- ½ pumpkin, skin on, diced into small cubes
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- ½ red pepper, minced without seeds
- 1 lemongrass
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 400 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 50 ml coconut cream
- ½ pomegranate
- 5 spring onion, in fine rings
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp fried onions
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 lime, in wedges
- Pepper and salt
This is how you make it:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the pumpkin in an oven dish and drizzle 1 tablespoon of oil over the pumpkin. Roast the pumpkin in the oven for about 30 minutes and remove the skin once cooked.
- Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil in a pan and fry the onion, ginger, red pepper and lemongrass for about 1 minute. Then stir in the turmeric and garam masala and pour the stock on top. Add the roasted pumpkin cubes and bring to boil.
- Puree the laksa with a hand blender. Return to the heat and stir in the coconut cream. Heat well and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the laksa between two bowls and garnish with the pomegranate seeds, spring onion, fried onions, shaved almonds and coriander. Serve with the lime wedges.
- Serve with flatbread and raita on the side.
Best enjoyed with a glass of our Lowlander 0.3% I.P.A.