Homemade curry-spiced courgette burgers with chicken
Bites or Main or Starter, serves 2Fresh, spicy Indian flavours, accentuated by Lowlander 0.3% I.P.A.
- 3 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, in pieces
- 1 green pepper, without seeds
- 1 piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- ½ tsp of turmeric
- ½ lime, juice and zest
- 250 gr chicken mince
- ½ courgette, grated
- 1 free-range egg
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 lime, in wedges
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 naan breads
This is how you make it:
- Make the homemade curry paste by adding shallots, garlic, lemongrass, green pepper, ginger, garam masala, turmeric and lime juice and zest to a mortar and finely grind until smooth.
- If you don’t have a mortar you can also use a food processor. Season with salt to taste.
- Knead the minced chicken, grated courgette, egg and spring onions in a mixing bowl and add your curry paste. Season to taste with salt. (Note that the mixture is quite wet).
- Shape into 10 miniature burger patties and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm slightly.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and fry the mini burgers until lightly golden brown, cooked and crispy.
- Serve with the naan bread, yoghurt, lime and fresh coriander.
Best enjoyed with Lowlander 0.3% I.P.A.