Springrolls with sprouts, I.P.A. orange marmalade and smoked duck
Bites or Starter, serves 10Bitter yet tropical flavours, enhanced by Lowlander I.P.A.
- 60 gr mixed sprouts
- 50 gr carrot in very thin slices
- 1 pcs spring onion, in rings
- 1/2 pcs red chili, seeds removed, in very thin slices
- 100 gr smoked duck breast, in thin slices
- 1 tbsp cashew nuts, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp five spice
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 oranges, peeled and in wedges
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 stalk of sereh (lemon grass)
- 175 ml Lowlander Indonesian Pale Ale
- 175 ml water
- 100 gr sugar
- 10 sheets of filo pastry
This is how you make it:
- Preheat the oven to 220 degres Celcius.
- For the marmelade: bring to boil oranges, ginger, sereh, Lowlander I.P.A. and water. Leave to simmer for 3o minutes.
- Remove orange seeds and sereh and add the sugar.
- Boil for another 10 minutes while you keep stirring. Pour in a glass container and leave to chill completely.
- In a bowl mix sprouts, carrot, spring onion, red pepper, duck breast, cashew nuts, koriander, five spice and hoisin sauce.
- Lay a sheet of pastry in front of you and spoon 1/10 of the filling at the bottom of the sheet.
- Fold both sides over the filling and roll up the filo pastry. Brush the final piece of pastry with some water to make it stick.
- Lift the spring rolls onto a baking tray, seam side down, and bake the rolls for 10 minutes or until golden.
Serve with the I.P.A. orange marmalade and of course a glass of Lowlander I.P.A.