Eton mess with spruce needle confiture
Organic Blonde Ale, serves 2We love making a mess - especially when it tastes this good. Our Eton Mess trifle with spruce needle confiture has it all: it's bittersweet and refreshingly tangy with subtle hints of honey and florals thanks to the Organic Blonde Ale.
- 2 slices of cake, cut in cubes
- 50 ml Organic Blonde Ale
- 2 tangerines
- Zest of 1 tangerine
- 100 ml whipped cream
- 150 ml mascarpone
- 1 tl powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. spruce needle confiture
- 100 gr merengue, crumbled
- 20 gr pistachios, chopped
This is how you make it
- Sprinkle the cake cubes with Lowlander Organic Blonde Ale and divide over two glasses.
- Peel the tangerines and remove the white pith as much as possible. Carefully cut the tangerines in thin slices and place them upright all around the inside against the glass.
- Beat the whipped cream with sugar until it’s lumpy and stir the mascarpone. Then fold the mascarpone with half of the merengue and the tangerine zest into the cream.
- Spoon a layer of cream on top of the cake cubes. Then spoon a tablespoon of spruce needle confiture on top of that too. Finish with another layer of cream, the remaining merengue and chopped pistachio,
Best enjoyed with Lowlander Organic Blonde Ale.