Grilled cheese (breakfast) club sandwich with omelette, bacon, fresh spinach and Cranberry Ketchup
Lunch, serves 1There's not really an equivalent in English for the typical Dutch 'tosti' so let's call it a grilled cheese club sandwich. Packed with flavour including our limited edition Cranberry Ketchup. Whether it's breakfast or dinner; you're gonna love it. Just leave the Autumn Ale pairing for breakfast though ;-).
- 4 slices of bacon
- 3 slices of bread, about 1,5 cm thick
- 4 tbsp of Lowlander Cranberry Ketchup
- 4 slices of any salty, mature cheese (you can also grate it for melting)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 handful of fresh spinach leaves
- Salt & pepper to taste
This is how you make it:
- Heat a pan and cook the bacon on both sides until crispy. Put aside and clean the pan.
- Butter two slices of bread on one side. Add 1 slice of bread to the hot pan, butter side down.
- Top with cheese, half of the crispy bacon and a good dollop of Lowlander Cranberry Ketchup.
- Top with the other slice of bread, buttered side up and cook over medium heat while flipping occasionally; until bread is crisp and golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile bake a simple, plain omelet, season with pepper and salt to taste.
- Toast the final slice of bread in a dry, hot pan. Smear with the rest of the Lowlander Cranberry Ketchup and top with the rest of the bacon, omelette and fresh spinach leaves.
- Once the cheese sandwich is ready, add it to the top of the egg and spinach sandwich.
- Serve immediately with extra Lowlander Cranberry Ketchup on the side.
Best enjoyed with a glass of Lowlander Autumn Ale. Or skip the beer and have this tosti and club sandwich mash-up for breakfast!