Ceviche with grapefruit, radish and fennel
Floral Ale, serves 2Pink on a plate! Zesty, super fresh fish combined with a bit of red radish heat stands up against the bright tropical flavours of our Floral Ale.
- 300 gr super fresh, firm, sustainable whitefish
- juice of 5 limes
- 1 cm fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1/2 red pepper, without seeds
- 3 tbsp fresh coriander
- 1 red grapefruit, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 red onion, in rings
- 4 radishes, in thin slices
- 2 tbsp samphire
- 1/4 fresh fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 handful of lamb's lettuce
NOTE: this recipe requires 20 minutes of preparation time and 60 minutes of waiting time.
This is how you make it:
- Cut the fish into 2cm cubes, use the leftovers in the tiger milk.
- Make the tiger milk by mixing the left over fish with juice of 4 limes, ginger, shallot, garlic, red pepper and 2 tbsp fresh coriander in a blender.
- Pour through a sieve and store in the fridge to chill for an hour.
- In a bowl, mix the fish cubes with the juice of 1 lime, red onion, grapefruit and 1 tbsp fresh coriander.
- Season to taste and set aside covered in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Once everything is cooled well, add the tiger milk to the bowl of fish and stir well.
- Divide the fennel, samphire and lettuce over two plates and top with the fresh ceviche.
Best enjoyed on a warm Summer day with a Lowlander Floral Ale.