Botanical caesar salad with with fresh herbs and crispy chickpeas
0.3% Cool Earth Lager, serves 2The ultimate classic with a botanical twist. Add lots of vibrant green herbs for the ultimate pairing with our 0.3% Cool Earth Lager. Topped with gluten-free crispy chickpeas to match the gluten-free pilsner.
- 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1 tsp mustard
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 150 ml sunflower oil
- 1 can of precooked chickpeas
- Cayenne pepper and salt to taste
- 2 eggs, boiled to taste
- 2 little gems, leaves washed and drained
- 30 gr Parmesan cheese flakes
- 3 anchovy fillets, cut in halves
- 2 tbsp vibrant green herbs (parsley, chive, rosemary, thyme etc.)
This is how you make it:
- Pre-heat the oven at 200 degrees Celcius and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix pre-cooked chickpeas, lemon juice, olive oil, cayenne and salt together in a bowl. Spread on the baking tray and roast for 40 minuten, then leave to cool. TIP: for extra crispiness double bake another 8-10 minutes after they cooled.
- Make the dressing by combining the egg yolk, garlic, ansjovis, mustard, lemon zest and juice in a bowl. Slowly add the oil while you keep stirring to create a smooth dressing.
- Mix salad leaves and some dressing in a bowl. Add halved eggs, Parmezan, fresh green herbs, extra ansjovis and crispy chickpea croutons
Classic flavours, enjoyed best with our crisp, zesty & refreshing 0.3% Cool Earth Lager.