Avocado and scallion stuffed crispy rice bites
Bites, serves 2Crispy bites with crisp flavours, complementing the light and refreshing Cool Earth Lager.
- 250 gr sushi rice
- 100 ml rice vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 ripe avocado chopped in fine cubes
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp furikake flakes *
- 1 liter of sunflower oil for deep-frying
- 75 gr Chuka wakame
This is how you make it:
- Cook the rice as indicated on the package.
- Put the rice vinegar, salt and sugar in a saucepan and heat gently until the salt and sugar dissolve. Stir this mixture into the rice.
- Let the rice cool down and mix in in 1 tablespoon of wasabi furikake flakes.
- Meanwhile, make the wasabi dip by stirring wasabi through the mayonnaise until well blended.
- In a bowl, combine the finely chopped avocado, spring onion, lime juice and toasted sesame until evenly mixed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Beat the egg in a deep plate and mix the panko together with the remaining wasabi furikake flakes on another plate.
- Moisten your hands slightly and make rice balls of about 5 cm in diameter. Press a small hole in the rice ball with your thumb, fill it with a little of the avocado mixture and close the balls again so that they are covered with rice all over.
- Carefully roll the balls through the egg and then through the panko. Make sure the entire ball is covered. Repeat for all rice and avocado mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large pan to 180C and fry the bites in about 3 minutes until golden brown (no more than 5 pieces at the same time so that the oil does not cool down too much) and let it drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve the crispy sushi bites warm as a snack with the wasabi dip and a bowl of wakame.
Pour a Lowlander Cool Earth Lager with the bites.