Winter I.P.A. & Mandarines marmalade
Staple | Makes 450ml
500 gr mandarines
150 ml lemon juice
2 tbsp juniper berries, lightly crushed
1kg jam sugar
100 ml Lowlander Winter I.P.A.
This is how you make it
- Peel the mandarines (save the peelings) and squeeze the juice into a large saucepan. Filter the pulp out of the fruit, wrap tightly in a cheesecloth and add it to the pan. Cut the peel into very small pieces and add them to the pan along with the lemon juice, juniper berries and 1.3 litres of water. Leave to steep for a night.
- Heat the mixture slowly to a boiling level and cook on a lower simmer for around 45 minutes until the mandarin peel has softened.
- remove the mousseline bag and squeeze out all liquid before discarding.
- Filter out all juniper berries and discard.
- Reduce to a lower heat and add the sugar. Stir occasionally until the sugar has dissolved and cook for 15 minutes until the marmalade reaches boiling point.