We don’t know about you, but we like our brownies gooey and rich. The soggier the better they match our vanilla and liquorice root Poorter. That’s also why we use loads of muscovado sugar in our chocolate delights. This unrefined inside of sugar cane is on sale at most exotic specialty shops. It has a natural spicy liquorice flavour and is a bit healthier for you than regular sugar.
If you’re like us, you’ll like them just like this. Are you ready to put a bit of un-guilty in your pleasure?
Gooey Vanilla Brownies
Snack,Dessert | about 8 big chunks
60 grams of butter
100 grams of regular sugar
125 grams of muscovado sugar
125 grams of the darkest chocolate you can find
1 tbsp of golden syrup
2 vanilla beans
100 grams of flour
20 grams cacao powder
0.5 tsp of baking powder
Serve with Lowlander Poorter.
This is how you make it
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees.
- Melt the butter, chocolate, the syrup and both types of sugar in a bowl on top of simmering water (au bain-marie). Let it cool.
- While the chocolate mix is cooling scrape the seeds from the vanilla beans and whisk together with the eggs.
- Add the cooled chocolate mix to your egg mixture, stir untill smooth.
- Sieve in the flour, cacao powder and baking powder while folding all together.
- Transfer the mixture to a 20×20 cm tin you’ve coated with baking paper.
- Bake for 25 minutes to get them just soft while the top is crunchy. Feel free to undercook though for extra runny richness
Serve hot and messy next to a Lowlander Poorter, enjoy!