Our Ginger & Kaffir Lime Infusion might be enjoyed on a sunny terrace but makes a good food pairing companion too. Light and fresh fish dishes, seasoned with citrus and subtle ginger flavours are a good match. Easy, fresh, healthy and full of colour; bring on Summer with this spicy shrimp and citrus salad.
Spicy Shrimp & Citrus Salad
Starter or lunch | serves 4
200 gr fresh spinach
1 red onion, thinly sliced
30-40 shrimps, peeled and deveined
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger
1 tsp paprika powder
1 tsp cumin
2 cloves of garlic, chopped real fine
Salt & pepper to taste
For the dressing
250ml orange & grapefruit juice (saved from cutting the segments)
4 tbsp avocado oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp freshly grated ginger
1 tsp honey
salt to taste
This is how you make it
1. Mix all ingredients for the marinade in a bowl, add the shrimps and keep in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
2. Cut the oranges and grapefruit into segments. Collect the juice in a bowl.
3. Make the dressing and set aside
4. Heat oil in a skillet and bake the shrimps until cooked but still tender.
5. Mix spinach, onion, citrus segments in a bowl, add a dressing and mix carefully.
6. Top with the shrimps, serve with extra dressing.
Serve with Lowlander Ginger & Kaffir Lime.