Gado Gado (“mix-mix”) has it all: fresh, crunchy vegetables, boiled eggs, fresh coriander and a sprinkling of crunchy prawn crackers. Tossed with essential peanut sauce it’s a winning combination. Our Indonesian Pale Ale will go down very easy with the peanut and prawn flavours.
Indonesian Gado Gado
Main | Serves 2
200 gr white rice
100 gr carrots
100 gr green beans
125 gr cabbage
50 gr sprouts
1/4 of a cucumber
Fresh coriander and emping to garnish
This is how you make it
1. Boil the eggs for 7 minutes, peel them a let them cool down.
2. Prepare the rice according to the packaging.
3. Finely shred the carrot and the cabbage. Cut the green beans in half.
4. Steam the carrots in a sift above a pan with boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Steam the green beans in the same way, for 7 minutes.
5. Put the shredded cabbage and bean sprouts in a drainer and pour boiling hot water over it.
6. Now rinse all vegetables with cold water, and drain this until they are lukewarm.
7. Put the rice on the plate and cover it with the eggs and vegetables. Garnish with fresh coriander, slices of cucumber and emping.
8. Heat up the peanut sauce and drizzle it on the gado gado
Serve with a Lowlander IPA