Are you passionate about beer, food and drinks? Do you have a hands-on mentality and the natural ability to get shit done? And do you want to be part of the adventurous journey to put Lowlander Beer on the map for great tasting beer? Then you might be the enthusiastic intern we are looking for!
Inspired by the trade and brewing history of the Lowlanders, Lowlander broadens the horizons of beer. Lowlander Beer is the first beer to brew with botanicals to give extra flavour and character to our beers. Since the launch 2,5 years ago we have been successful in getting listed in over 1200 sites across Europe and beyond. As one of the fastest growing beers in the Netherlands Lowlander has been listed in the top 100 of Food & Beverage Innovators, known for our disruptive design and activations.
MARKETING INTERNSHIP LOWLANDER BEER
We are on a mission to broaden the horizons when it comes to beer. One bottle, one bar, one city at the time. To make sure that Lowlander Beer can keep growing at this pace (and faster) we are looking for a Marketing & Event intern. You will be supporting not just Marketing but the Lowlander crew as a whole, while learning at first-hand how a start-up is run and growing.
A day in the life of:
- Full of pride you share the Lowlander stories of beer, botanicals and bravery on events and trade fairs.
- As the project owner you co-create our newest bar display / event apparel / retail fridge; from first idea to sourcing and implementation.
- Meanwhile checking with the event manager if everything is ready for our next food festival.
- Together with Marketing you create content for our social media channels and ensure that the right message is placed at the right time.
- You prepare our next photoshoot at Hortus Botanicus by creating a brief, collecting all props and you of course attend the photoshoot.
- For our next PR stunt you support in setting up the longest kopstoot bar of the Lowlands.
- You brainstorm along with the Lowlander crew on new beers, food pairings, activations and other innovative ideas.
- You create and print the menu for our next Botanical Brew Kitchen pop up dinner
- You answer all kinds of customer inquiries from all over the world, both by mail, telephone and through social media.
- As our Chief Stocking Officer you ensure our office fridge is always stocked with cold Lowlanders.
- A desire to be part of our crew and our adventurous journey to put Lowlander Beer on the map as a unique Dutch beer brand.
- An independently and pro-active attitude (and not afraid of making mistakes).
- A Bachelor education in the direction of communication, marketing, business studies, leisure/ hospitality.
- You have an eye for detail and good organisational skills.
- A smart, practical brain that gets shit done.
- Proficient English, both verbal and written (we are an international company).
- Too much energy and motivated to work hard.
- A passion for beer, food and drinks.
- Photoshop/Illustrator experience is a plus.
- The possibility to join us fulltime for at least 3 months (no graduation assignment or research).
What we offer:
- A chance to be part of something new and exciting, building a company & brand from the ground up.
- Working with a young, passionate and smart crew of people – read about our Lowlander behaviours here.
- A central Amsterdam working location or even better: you will be working at the best bars and events.
- Real responsibility – what you do with it is your decision, but we provide the opportunity to really learn something.
- A competitive intern salary.
- Unlimited Lowlander Beer (well at least after working hours).
If you want to be part of our journey send an email to Annemieke at email@example.com with your CV, brief motivation and a short summary of what you want to take out of your internship.
About Lowlander Beer
Lowlander Beer is an award-winning four-strong beer range from Amsterdam, The Netherlands – literally ‘The Lowlands’, each with their own unique story and flavour.
Founder and Chief Botanical Officer Frederik Kampman says, “There are endless possible botanical ingredients and they all have their own sense of place, time, aroma, taste. Every beer is an opportunity to tell a story about the wonder of botanicals, and we hope to connect people with the natural world that creates more diverse beers full of both flavour and character.”
Frederik Kampman worked for years both at home and abroad for breweries and gin & genever distilleries. He says, “I entered the world of distilling and fell in love with botanicals. As a beer-lover I grew curious about what kind of characters these special flavours could give to beer.” And so the idea for Lowlander Beer was born: beer brewed with the botanicals.