TERMS AND CONDITIONS – WIN A TRIP TO CURACAO
How to enter
- Participants must own a Facebook and/or Instagram account and be a follower of @lowlanderbeer.
- Entries must contain the tags @lowlanderbeer and #ThisIsIslander in order to be valid.
- Entries must be visible and findable using #ThisIsIslander on Instagram or Facebook up until Sunday 6 October 2019 September 2019; Instagram and/ or Facebook Stories are not eligible for the prize.
- Photos must show a bottle of Islander in order to be eligible for the prize.
- Participants can enter the competition as many times as they like.
- Submissions made after 23.59 on Monday 30 September 2019 will not be considered.
- Lowlander Beer Co. reserves the right to automatically disqualify any images that do not fulfil the competition’s requirements, or that are inappropriate, vulgar, illegal or off-topic.
- The winner will win a trip to Curaçao for two people. The prize includes return flights and transfers, accommodation, one meal for two with matching Lowlander beers, a guided snorkelling tour, and a botanical tour. The prize has a maximum value of €2500. Any further expenses incurred on the trip are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- The prize includes two return flights to Curaçao from the winner’s airport of choice in Netherlands, UK or Germany, up to a total of €1300, including airport tax and booking costs. If the total travel cost on the winner’s preferred dates exceeds this figure, the winner will be responsible for paying the difference. No cash refund will be offered for flights that cost less than €1300.
- Lowlander Beer Co. will liaise with the winner to agree a date of travel. The winner can choose a preferred date, although Lowlander Beer Co. reserves the right to propose alternative dates depending on availability.
- The winner can choose their preferred travel companion, who must be eligible for travel in line with the terms and conditions stipulated here, and available of the winner’s preferred dates.
- The winner is responsible for all travel costs associated with arriving at the departure airport, and for organising and paying for travel and visa documentation (where applicable) and travel insurance policies.
- This prize is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash or other alternative prizes.
- The prize must be redeemed before Tuesday 31 March 2020, unless expressly agreed with Lowlander Beer Co.
- Once the prize has been redeemed, any costs associated with changing the travel dates, travel companion or other travel details will be borne by the winner.
- The winner will be selected based on the quality of their photo and the extent to which it expresses the idea of relaxing and taking things slow in the context of enjoying Islander beer.
- The winner will be picked by Lowlander Beer Co. and notified via the same social media channel they used to enter the competition no later than 23.59 on Sunday 6 October 2019 (GMT +2).
- The winner must get in touch with Lowlander Beer Co via their social media account within 5 days of being notified. If the winner does not claim their prize within 5 days, Lowlander Beer Co. reserves the right to withdraw the prize and pick another winner. lowlander Beer Co. will not be held responsible for a winner’s failure to claim their prize due to spam, junk email or other security settings or for the winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
- Acceptance of this prize constitutes permission for Lowlander Beer Co. to use the winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law
- Lowlander Beer Co. may take a limited number of photographs of the winner and their companion during their trip for publicity purposes. The winner and their companion agree to the use of these photos on Lowlander’s website and social media channels in perpetuity.
- Participants must live in either the Netherlands, the UK or Germany and hold a valid, current passport without travel restrictions and with at least 6 months’ validity from the agreed departure date.
- The competition is open to participants aged 21 or over.
- Employees of Lowlander Beer Co. and their families, freelance contractors, or anyone else connected to Lowlander Beer Co. in a professional capacity may participate in the competition but have no chance of winning the prize.
- Lowlander Beer Co. respects your privacy and will handle your data with care.
- Lowlander Beer Co. will only use participants’ data for the purposes of this competition: this includes but is not limited to the purchase of flight tickets and transfers and the booking of accommodation and activities in the winner’s name.
- Lowlander Beer Co. can publicise the winner’s name, Instagram handle and/or Facebook profile, and the winning photo on its website, social media channels and other communications such as email newsletters and press releases, for the purposes of transparency.
- The above terms and conditions apply to the ‘Buy, Snap, Tag & Win a Trip to Curaçao!’ competition organised by Lowlander Beer Co. (Nieuwe Hemweg 14F, 1013 BG, Amsterdam) to promote our new Islander beer. It will run from Thursday 8 August 2019 until 23.59 on Monday 30 September 2019. By taking part, participants confirm that they agree to and are bound by the terms and conditions of the promotion.
- All references to ‘our’, ‘us’, ‘we’ or ‘the company’ within these terms and conditions are deemed to refer to Lowlander Beer Co., its subsidiaries, affiliates and associates.
- The competition is open only to legal residents of the Netherlands, the UK and Germany and is void where prohibited by law.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- All photo entries must be the participant’s own work. By entering a photo in this competition, the participant confirms that it does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. Any entries that infringe upon the intellectual property right of another will be disqualified, and the participant shall be solely responsible for defending and settling copyright-infringement claims.
- In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of Lowlander Beer Co., including but not limited to weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, or any other incident amounting to force majeure, the company shall not be liable for failure to comply with its obligations relating to this competition.
- Lowlander Beer Co. reserves the right to end the promotion or to change the rules, prices, terms and conditions, provisions or information at their own discretion and without prior notice, without being held liable in any way for damages or compensation.
- This competition is hosted by Lowlander Beer Co. and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
Nieuwe Hemweg 14F
1013 BG Amsterdam
1001 EA, Amsterdam
The Lowlands – The Netherlands
P: +31 20 7529 726
Issue Date: August 2019